Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ikurtis
    replied
    I never got into any of Rooster Teeth’s animated stuff. I use to watch Red vs. Blue back in the day. That shit was hilarious.

Leave a comment:

• Willie the Sexy Simp
    started a topic What Is Good Animation?

What Is Good Animation?

As a guy who tries to create professional animated toons I am always at odds with where the acceptable boundaries of where good and bad/lazy/cheap animation lie. While I know people can be forgiving towards animators on YouTube because they are usually a one-man-crew, how often as kids or even teens do people look over the credits to see how many people worked on an animated tv show episode?

What brings this dilemma into the forefront of my mind was the recent Clownfish TV episode where they talked about the massive amount of downvotes for Roster Teeth’s Ex-Arm animated show. For the record, it looks it was in the same vein as Rooster Teeth’s RWBY. Yet, unlike RWBY, it’s considered cheap (according to the comment section). Why is that?

Granted, it lacked a sense of fun that the original trailers of RWBY had. It had some fluid animation for the fight scenes, but when you look at the comment section the complaints were how the show’s artwork looked cheap. Maybe I’m just letting nerves take over? Maybe it’s not that big of a deal?

Truthfully, I don’t this is a thing to taken lightly. Look, if you can't get the initial excitement when you drop the trailer, it’s going to be an uphill battle getting eyeballs to watch your show.
Working...
X